Desenvolvimento de Temas com WooCommerce (curso em inglês)
You can earn a living, or make some cash on the side, as a freelancer or full-time WooCommerce theme developer
Are you looking for a comprehensive WooCommerce theme development course? Have you ever thought about becoming a professional WooCommerce theme developer and make some money on the side?
Today WooCommerce is quickly becoming the next big thing in e-commerce. Its mission is to transform any WordPress website into a real e-commerce store. And it really does! That’s why so many developers today want to learn how to create themes for it.
You’ll find many WooCommerce tutorials out there, but most of the times they are very confusing.
This course is different. It features almost 100 lessons in which I’ll really share with you everything I’ve learned so far about creating themes, especially about how to build a WordPress theme with WooCommerce compatibility.
Today, many developers make money quickly building themes to people who want a custom theme for their stores. Good freelancers will charge anywhere between $3,000 and $15,000 for a simple custom WordPress website. WordPress sites with WooCommerce capabilities are more profitable to clients, so they are more than willing to pay even more!
Many other developers earn a living selling premium versions of their themes. And you can be one of them too!
I’m an instructor of more than 17,000 satisfied students only here at Udemy and I know how to help you.
What exactly are you going to learn?
Here’s a quick list of the main subjects covered by this course. You’ll learn:
- How to declare WooCommerce support and customize your themes. Your clients’ online stores will become even more attractive;
- How to modify the WooCommerce template files in the right way. Your store will look the way you want;
- How to use the WooCommerce shortcodes the way no one does;
- How to use powerful tools like Theme Customizer and TGM Plugin Activation to make the store shine;
- How to create a responsive menu and a sexy and modern slideshow – without using plugins!
- How to add a blog to the e-commerce store. Your theme users will sell more!
And more! How about learning how to create demo versions of your theme?
If your intention is to sell premium versions of your theme, you’ll see that the ones with demo versions are the top sellers. Your clients will love them!
And how about making them available in any language?
You’ll learn how to create themes that are fully translatable. Clients from all over the world will be able to use your themes, as they will be fully compatible with Poedit or any WordPress translation plugin.
And it doesn’t end here…
How about making your WooCommerce themes really secure?
You will learn how to put in place, step by step, the main WordPress security features in your theme’s code! Just relax! There will be no loopholes for anyone to attack your theme.
And to top it off, start a new career as an official WordPress/WooCommerce theme developer
Follow me as I send the theme created in the course out to the official WordPress theme repository. This is one of the best strategies for those who want to start making money by creating themes, even free ones.
You will understand all the tests that are necessary to pass through the strict review system of WordPress, until the publication of the theme. And, of course, you’ll also understand some of the strategies you can use to make money with the theme and make a living as a theme creator. Yes, you can make money, even with free themes hosted at the official WordPress theme repository.
And, on top of that, all the content is loaded with basic notions about creating WordPress themes such as loops, inner pages, sidebars, template parts, filters, action hooks, page templates, enqueuing Bootstrap and Google fonts etc. Really, I won’t hide anything in this course!
Besides, you’ll have all the material available to follow the lessons.
Who this course is for?
I recommend this course to programmers, IT students, web developers, web designers, or any freelancer or full-time professional who works with PHP, HTML and CSS. It’s recommended for everyone who want to build a full-time business, creating custom WooCommerce themes for clients or for selling.
I don’t recommend, in any way, for curious people, shop owners, or people who don’t know how to write code yet.
This is not a regular WooCommerce course. My goal is to teach the student how to create a theme, so we’ll be writing a lot of code. If you are interested in just creating a webstore, without having to understand programming, there are several other courses that can help you out there.
This course is not about setting up a store. We are not going to learn how to configure payment methods, product shipping methods. We are not going to test those extraordinary membership plugins. We are not going to configure subscription plugins, marketing plugins, nothing like that.
This course is aimed at all those who want to become professional theme creators. Basically the course is aimed at two types of people.
- Those who would like to become independent, create their own custom theme, learning to customize the look of the store the way they want, or learn to customize third-party themes. They can do it for themselves, or for their clients.
- People who have plans to fly even higher! If you are already a little tired of working with annoying deadlines, boring clients, endless projects, anyway, if you want to start building a career with more freedom, more time for you, doing what you like to do, you will love the content that I have prepared for you!
In this course I will guide you, step by step, in the beginning of your professional career as a WooCommerce theme developer. I’ll show you, from start to finish, how to create a theme following all the recommendations of the WordPress theme review team.
In the bonus section of the course you’ll learn everything you need in order to make a theme pass the hard tests of the WordPress theme repository, how to bundle WooCommerce with the theme, how to prepare a theme demo, how to make your theme go international, how to make it totally secure, and much more.
In the end, I’ll show you how to submit this theme to the WordPress theme repository, which is a wonderful showcase from which you can attract buyers to a premium version of the theme.
The course is also a basis for you to send the theme to other platforms, such as ThemeForest, which is one of the largest premium theme marketplaces in the world. Knowing how to do this for the official repository, you’re on your way to go anywhere!
How is this course different?
What my students like the most is the excellent response time to their questions. You know, long waiting times can slow down your progress. So, I always try to reply within 24 hours. You can be sure you’ll never feel alone in this course.
Here’s what my student Ryan Johnson has to say about one of my courses:
“I’m almost done with my own theme, ran in to an issue, and Marcelo has responded back with very detailed, quick help. I don’t know how he does it! (…) Marcelo has laid this course out well, when you come up to a snag do everything you can to research and fix it on your own, but if you can’t he’s there for you. That’s huge for me and may be for you, too.”
Or my student Adnan Usman…
“Marcelo has been amazing at explaining everything and has been extremely responsive when I ask questions while doing the course. I am not 100% done with the course yet but due to his diligence and quick and thorough responses I could not wait to give him a 5 star rating.”
And Christopher Moldrickx…
“Marcelo is very knowledgeable and makes the course enjoyable. He answered my questions in the forum fully and within a few hours time. Frankly, I would buy any WP course from Marcelo!”
And the list goes on…
So, are you ready for this course? You can always watch the free available lectures before you make your decision. Remember, this is a Udemy course, so you’ve nothing to lose. You can count on our 100% 30-day money-back guarantee in case you don’t like it. No questions asked.
So join me right now. From now on, the sky is your limit!
Detalhes do Curso
- Aulas 95
- Quizzes 0
- Duração 14 horas
- Nível Intermediário
- Língua Inglês
- Alunos 100
- Assessments Yes
- Course materials
- General Instructions for the Course
- Installing a local server (using Xampp)
- Installing WordPress
- Setting up our development environment
Creating the Base Theme
- Creating and activating the theme (part 1)
- Creating and activating the theme (part 2)
- The basic blocks of a WordPress theme (part 1)
- The basic blocks of a WordPress theme (part 2)
- Enqueuing stylesheets the right way (part 1)
- Enqueuing stylesheets the right way (part 2)
- Including Bootstrap (part 1)
- Including Bootstrap (part 2)
- Creating Menus (part 1)
- Creating Menus (part 2)
- The WordPress Loop (part 1)
- The WordPress Loop (part 2)
- Page Templates (part 1)
- Page Templates (part 2)
- Page Templates (part 3)
Making the Base Theme WooCommerce Compatible
- Installing WooCommerce
- Declaring WooCommerce Support
- Modifying Template Files (Template Overrides)
- Modifying archive-product.php (part 1)
- Modifying archive-product.php (part 2)
- Modifying archive-product.php (part 3)
- Modifying the single-product.php file
- Modifying the cart page
- Modifying the checkout page
- Modifying the account page
- Adding Google Fonts to the theme
- Customizing the main menu (part 1)
- Customizing the main menu (part 2)
- The search mechanism (part 1)
- The search mechanism (part 2)
- The search mechanism (part 3)
- Including a shopping cart
- Including links to the user account page
- Adding a logo to our theme
- Adding copyright information (part 1)
- Adding copyright information (part 2)
- Adding a homepage slider (part 1)
- Adding a homepage slider (part 2)
- Adding a homepage slider (part 3)
- Adding a homepage slider (part 4)
- Adding a homepage slider (part 5)
- Adding a homepage slider (part 6)
- Adding homepage product lists (part 1)
- Adding homepage product lists (part 2)
- Adding homepage product lists (part 3)
- Adding homepage product lists (part 4)
- Adding homepage product lists (part 5)
- Adding homepage product lists (part 6)
- Adding homepage product lists (part 7)
Adding a Blog to the Theme
- Creating the homepage blog section
- Modifying the blog posts index template file
- Creating inner page templates (part 1 – single.php)
- Creating inner page templates (part 2 – comment forms)
- Creating inner page templates (part 3 – pagination)
- Creating inner page templates (part 4 – archive pages)
- Creating inner page templates (part 5 – Search)
- Creating inner page templates (part 6 – 404.php)
- Understanding how to use template parts
- Creating sidebars (part 1)
- Creating sidebars (part 2)
- Creating sidebars (part 3)
- Creating sidebars (part 4)
Internationalization, Security and Coding Standards
- Theme Internationalization (part 1)
- Theme Internationalization (part 2)
- Theme Internationalization (part 3)
- Theme Internationalization (part 4)
- Theme Internationalization (part 5)
- Theme Internationalization (part 6)
- Theme Security (part 1)
- Theme Security (part 2)
- Theme Security (part 3)
- Theme Security (part 4)
- WordPress Coding Standards
Bonus Section - Submitting the Theme to WordPress.org
- Testing the Theme (part 1)
- Testing the Theme (part 2)
- Testing the Theme (part 3)
- Testing the Theme (part 4)
- Packing the Theme with the TGM Plugin Activation (part 1)
- Packing the Theme with the TGM Plugin Activation (part 2)
- Packing the Theme with the TGM Plugin Activation (part 3)
- Creating Demo Content for the Theme (part 1)
- Creating Demo Content for the Theme (part 2)
- Preparing the Theme to be Submitted
- Submitting the Theme to WordPress.org (part 1)
- Submitting the Theme to WordPress.org (part 2)
- Migrating a WordPress Website from a Local to a Remote Web Server (part 1)
- Migrating a WordPress Website from a Local to a Remote Web Server (part 2)
- [BONUS LECTURE]